+852 2116 1040
+86 180 1862 7191
1. Coding, identification and marking to BS EN ISO 6346:1995
2. PVC insulated, non-armored cables for voltages up to and including 4501750V, for electric power, lighting and internal wiring to BS 6004.
3. Single core PVC insulated cables of rated voltage 600/1OOOV for switchgear and control gear wiring to BS 6231
4. PVC insulated, armored cables for voltage of600/IOOOV and 1900/3300V to BS 6346
5. Flexible cords rated up to 300/500V for use with appliances and equipment intended for domestic offices and similar environments to BS 6500
6. Thermosetting insulated, armored cables for voltages of 600/1OOOV and 1900/3300V having low emission of smoke and corrosive gases when affected by fire to BS 6724
7. Thermosetting insulated, non-armored cables for voltages up to and including 4501750V for electric power, lighting internal wiring and having low emission of smoke and corrosive gases when affected by fire to BS 7211
8. Specification for 300/500V fire resistant electric cables having low emission of smoke and corrosive gases when affected by fire - Part I - Multi core cables to BS 7629-I
9. 600/I000V annored fire resistant electric cables having thermosetting insulation and low emission of smoke and corrosive gases when affected by fire BS 7846.
10. Thermosetting insulated, non-armoured cables with a voltage of 600/1000 V, for fixed installations to BS 7889:2012
11. Flexible cords rated up to 4501750V for use with appliances and equipment intended for industrial and similar environments to BS 7919
12. 300/500V screened electric cables having low emission of smoke and corrosive gases when affected by fire, for use in walls, partitions and building voids (Multi core cables) to BS 8436
13. Mineral insulated cables and their terminations with a rated voltage not exceeding 750V to BS EN 60702-I
14. Rigid and flexible cables of rated voltages UO/U up to and including 450/750 V a.c., used in power installations and with domestic and industrial appliances and equipment to BS EN 50525
Cables shall be drawn in to conduits direct from the reels and cable which has become kinked, twisted or damaged in any way shall be rejected. The installation shall be wired in the loop in system. That is, wiring shall terminate at definite points and no intermediate connections shall be permitted.
The Contractor shall provide all the nesessary trays, conduits, supports and cable trunking, glands, end boxes, clamps, compounds, specialist tools, etc., necessary to install, terminate and connect the cables in accordance with good engineering practice. All cable shall be of copper conductor type.
The Contactor shall be responsible for the off loading and handling of the cables on site and shall ensure that cables are new and delivered to site on new drum and properly protected against mechanical damage and loss with manufacturer's seal still intact. Partly used drums of cable which has already been used elsewhere shall not be acceptable unless special approval is given by the Engineer in writing. The type of the cable (PVC/PVC-Cu, XPLE/PVC-Cu or PVC-Cu) shall be strictly as per the type mentioned in the drawings.
The current carrying capacity of each cable shall be in accordance with I.E.E Regulations and latest amendments and shall be limited to the specified voltage drop. Colour of the cables shall follow the new colour code according to latest IEE Wiring Regulations.
The PVC insulated cores shall be colour coded and shall be sheathed with PVC.
The minimum bending radius shall be not less than eight times the overall cable diameter.
The cable shall be properly supported on cable trays for horizontal and vertical runs. The exact installation method shall suit the site condition and subject to be approved by the Engineer. All cables shall be neatly dressed in the cable trays with labelling for easy identification.
Brass cable gland complies with BS:6121 and PVC shroud shall be provided for terminating the cables.
Cables for three phase and single phase circuits shall be 450V/750V grade. All wiring shall be enclosed in conduits or in metal trunking. Joints or connectors shall not be allowed in any such cable length, except that connectors may be used in accessible positions within fittings.
The maximum number of cables that may be accommodated in a given size ofconduit is not to exceed the limits given inthe I.E.E Wiring Regulations.
XLPE insulated PVC sheathed copper cables (XLPE/PVC) shall be of single core or multi-core with full neutral and shall be 600/l000V grade complying with BS 5467:1989. The cores of these cables shall be high annealed copper conductors complying with BS 6360:1991. Multi core conductors above 16mm2 shall be shaped to reduce overall dimension and to give a smother profile. The PVC insulated cores shall be coloured coded and sheathed with an extruded layer of two or more tapes of PVC bedding. The cables shall be over sheathed with an extruded black PVC layer embossed with the voltage designation and the manufacturer's identification. The XLPE insulation shall be able to operate continuously at a conductor temperature of 90°C.The minimum bending radius shall be not less than eight times the overall cable diameter.